“If you had three Communications positions, what would they be?” – from a recent post in a Facebook group for church communicators.
Three? 3! We love that churches that have the money are spending it on good communication ministry that seeks to reach out beyond their own congregation and Christian circles. However, most ministries can’t afford to hire even a part-time digital minister or communications director. Many denominations are also struggling to afford to hire people who are technically savvy, theologically grounded, and literate in both Bible and practical church matters.
This is exactly why Worship Times was started – to give ministries great websites and easy access to social media tools at an affordable price.
As the needs of our members grew, so did our ministry. Our members started to dream big, and with that the number of our offerings grew too. The only issue was finding the church staff hours to maintain the work required by adding these extra offerings. This became our new challenge, not only help our members build new platforms but also help them maintain it with a team of dedicated staff.
What can Worship Times help you do?
- Add special features to your website – payment options, member databases, event registrations and bookings, etc.
- Set up social media accounts – Facebook pages and groups, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, SnapChat, other social media platforms that haven’t been invented yet
- Create a newsletter or other template on MailChimp, Constant Contact, or other mailing program
- Maintain updates to your website
- Maintain updates to your social media
- Write blog posts
- Copy editing
- Create and send newsletters
- Develop comprehensive digital ministry strategies
- Create social media and website graphics to promote events, liturgical seasons, or programs
When you partner with Worship Times, you don’t just get tech geeks who speak programming, or social media, you get a partner in ministry that understands that Holy Week and Advent is incredibly important and busy, understand working with committees, and that change in the life of a religious organization can be scary. You also partner with theological nerds who can come up with great scripture passages that fit your Advent theme, and can update a website while using Facebook. You partner with a ministry with experience, education and skills in both of these worlds, and combine them with communication ministry expertise.
But most of all, Worship Times has a deep love for the work of ministry, and what makes it unique. We are partners in that work and call, not as contract labor. Whether we are just building your website, or you have a full digital ministry relationship with us, we work with you, not just for you.
Are you interested in a digital ministry partnership with Worship Times? Let us know!