The new calendar year tends to bring a renewed sense of purpose with it. We make resolutions to stop bad, old habits, and to try new things. The new year is a good time to test out new rhythms and lifestyles.
In the church world, we have started a new church year and celebrated Christmas, a season that brings with it many new eyes on our websites and social media. Visitors looking for a church home want to know when your Christmas Eve services are. Grandparents check out your Facebook page to see pictures of their grandchildren in your Christmas pageants. Community members look for special events on your calendar. It is no wonder that many churches get serious about trying out some new things in January.
When we consider what people might think about your community as they browse your website, Instagram, or Facebook for the first time, we can consider how we appear to the outside world with fresh eyes. It makes us reevaluate our website’s look or organization. We might want to up our Facebook game with more posts that show all our community does. Perhaps we would like to better integrate disparate parts of our work, like connecting our forms directly with our database, or bringing an Instagram or Flickr feed to our website. Or we may have no clue what to do next, but just know that we need to do something.
When you are ready to try something new, it’s a great time to reach out to Worship Times. If you want a new look, or need a more robust website, we can talk about a new theme, or if moving up to a premium or custom theme would better fit your growing needs. If you want to engage your audience through different media – pictures, blogs, podcasts – we have some easy updates that can help. If you have no idea what you need, but you know you need something, we have easy surveys that can help you articulate your needs, and figure out next steps.
Best of all, we get really excited when you want to do something new. We love helping our members grow their message in the digital space, and try new things. And, if we don’t have a solution already, we love the challenge of partnering with you how to make it work.
Some new things you might be interested in trying:
- Changing the look of your website – we have some great themes you can try, and we will even help you make the transition! Plus, we work to add new themes regularly so many may be new to you.
- Learning how to add single and recurring events that make life easier for you and keep your community informed.
- Creating a sermon podcast, and adding it to your media offerings.
- Adding your YouTube videos, an Instagram feed or Flickr slide show to your website, to better connect people with your social media presence.
- Moving all your forms online, which is even easier with updated Gravity Forms features, like signature abilities.
- Updating your church database to a cloud-based system, like Breeze, and creating easy member access through your website.
- Creating resources for specific ministries, which can be integrated through a membership system like MemberPress.
These are just some new things you may want to consider this year. If you would like some assistance in creating and boosting your digital ministry, check out our digital ministry services. From helping maintain your website and social media to assisting in the creation of communication strategy and content, Worship Times has some unique ways to help you do more.
As you think about your new year’s digital ministry resolutions, let us help you bring them to life.