Our Freelance Writers play a critical role within our company. They help congregations and ministry organizations effectively communicate with their communities. Over the last few years we’ve begun to take over the role of a traditional communications director for a number of our clients, and the demand is quickly growing. As a Freelance Writer, you will be asked to write sermon reflections, prayers, blog posts and content for social media channels. You get to be the hero!
What’s unique about this opportunity is that you get the freedom to work from home with our partners. You are simply not reporting to one ministry, you will get to work with many of our partners. You are not expected to be a jack(or jill)-of-all trades. Our goal will be to make assignments based on individuals unique gifts and skills. It’s a unique team approach that only a company like ours can offer.
Worship Times is a small company that has been in business for over twelve years. We are a tight-knit team that cares for each other as individuals, not just employees. Worship Times focuses on work with nonprofits and ministries, while our sister company Poka Yoke Design works with businesses and government entities. This position is for our Worship Times team. Our employees love what they do and we want someone who’s excited about joining the crew.
- Personal depth and spiritual grounding in the Reformed tradition and the ability to articulate in a consistent theological voice
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading with demonstrated mastery of grammar, punctuation and AP Style. Ability to clearly deliver a message in a tone appropriate to the context.
- Highly organized and self motivated
- Previous experience serving as a Church Communications Director
- Has worked with the Worship Times systems before
- Previous experience working from home
Our management dislikes micro managing our people, we hire experts and treat them as such. Our Freelance Writers are paid per assignment; therefore you’ll be in charge of managing your schedule in order to meet the deadlines provided by your assignment manager.
In order to review your abilities applicants are asked to complete the following three writing assignments and return to this page to submit through the form below as separate PDFs.
- 300-400 word scripture reflection on Matthew 17:1-9.
- 300-400 word blog post titled “New Year, New Chance, Same Promise” with the focus on God’s unfailing promises
- 75-100 word prayer based on weekly lectionary